If you follow Jesus, you have a story to share! Back in 2020 at the beginning of the pandemic, the Lord put it on my heart to collect stories from my fellow church members to learn more about each other, and also to see more widely who God is. Testimonies have the power to show that God is not only real but is always active in this world, even when we cannot see it. Where I attend, at Incarnation Tallahassee, the project was well-received, bringing great encouragement and a deeper connection between the members. I now want to make a wider call to the diocese for stories of what God has done in your life. Here's how to participate:
On your phone or computer, record a testimony that is no more than 5 minutes. They can remain on your device or be uploaded to Youtube. You have many options to choose from:
- How did you come to Christ?
- How did God use you to lead someone to him?
- How did God provide for you?
- How did God bring you and your spouse together?
- How did God heal you or use you to heal someone else?
- In this quarantine season, what is something unique that God has done that couldn't have happened otherwise?
- What is something that God has done in your family?
- How has following Jesus changed your life?
You aren't limited to these options of course, but hopefully, this will help to spark ideas. If you are feeling stuck, I encourage you to read the first line again and pray, asking the Lord what he wants you to share. Please see the video below for an example of how this can look.
You can send the videos to me, Jonathan Orcel at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll relay them to the Rev. Canon Christopher Klukas, Editor of the Communiqué.
I look forward to hearing your stories.